Faculty of Humanities - Universitas Airlangga
Currently, technology and information flow is growing very fast, and the implications affect the pace of development of social sphere, culture, economics, and business. Development and advancement requires skilled individuals who are ready to compete. These skills, along with readyness, will help in accessing information quickly, so that science and technology (Science, Technology and the Arts) will soon be controlled and utilized for the benefit of daily life in this modern era.
In an effort to actualize the motto "Excellence with Morality" of Universitas Airlangga, English Programme of Faculty of Humanities Universitas Airlangga's vision is to deliver skilled graduates, adaptive to the advancement of science and technology, and also qualified in soft skills. It can be achieved by making a core competency based on curriculum learning. English Literature Study Program S1 has two specializations, namely (1) Linguistics and (2) Literature and Culture. Two specializations are expected to prepare graduate candidates to have competence in English, analytical capabilities in the study of language and literature, as well as independence, creativity, cooperation, and soft skill that support the success of graduates in their future career.
Competence means nothing without practical knowledge. Therefore, English Programme provides students with applicative and appreciative subjects such as Business Correspondence, Introduction to Public Relations, Translation for General Purposes, Cyber Culture, Youth Culture, English Drama, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The aim is that the graduates would be ready to compete, especially in the field of industrial media/journalism, education, tourism, business information, and multinational corporations.
To be an independent, innovative and leading programmein national and international levels and to be the pioneer in the development of arts and humanities based on moral and religious values, by contributing significantly to the development of knowledge and professionalism in linguistics, literature and cultural studies.
- To offer academic education in linguistics, literature, and cultural studies, based on modern learning technology.
- To conduct basic research and applied research in linguistics, literature, and cultural studies in order to support the development of education and community service.
- To dedicate the expertise in linguistics, literature, and cultural studies to the society.
- To strive to be self-support in executing Tri Dharma (i.e. education, research, and community services) by developing modern institutional management that focuses on quality and competitive advantage.
Upon the completion of their study, the graduates must be able to be: (a) adaptive, (b) accountable, (c) critical, and (d) professional.
- Adaptive Graduates are able to adapt and anticipate all changes occurring in their job fields and environment.
- Accountable Graduates are able to be morally and intellectually responsible for their choices and decisions.
- Critical Graduates are able to rationally identify and analyse phenomena or situations according to scientific principles.
- Professional Graduates are able to apply their English skills professionally in their profession related to language, literature, and culture.
Kampus B UNAIR, Jalan Dharmawangsa Dalam
Phone: (031-5035676, 031-5033080);
Facebook: Departemen Inggris